ABOUT FOURCHON LNG
Energy World USA Incorporated is looking to develop a Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) production and export facility on the Gulf Coast U.S.A. with a proposed capacity of 2.0 million tons per annum (mtpa) which is the Phase I by 2021 and 5.0 mtpa for Phase II by end of 2023. After studying a number of potential sites, Port Fourchon has been identified as a suitable location for said facility.
The cost of the project is estimated to be USD 888 Million for the first 2.0 MTPA production facility (four modular trains) and associated facilities with 70% financed by non-recourse Project Financing and the remaining 30% to be equity.
The Project will be developed in phases, with modular trains of 0.5 mtpa c apacity. At a capacity of 2.0 mtpa there will be four trains together with 1 LNG tank for phase 1 (4Q 2021). Phase 2 (planned for 4Q 2023) will see the addition of 6 liquefaction trains and another 88,000m3 LNG Storage Tank.
There will also be a load-out jetty and ancillary equipment to allow delivery of LNG from the storage tanks into an LNG vessel for onward transportation to end-use locations in the U.S., Caribbean or elsewhere.